This is a recipe my mum used to make for us on winter nights - her mum made it for them so its almost a tradition! - Is wonderful with ice cream or cream and is easy enough for a weeknight family dessert but fancy enough for a dinner party dessert too!
- grease a pie dish.
- preheat oven
- peel, core and halve apples across ways (so that they are circles of apple).
- put apples cust side up in dish.
- in seporate bowl rub butter into flour
- add sugar and salt to this mixture then water.
- mix lightly (it will be lumpy - thats ok!).
- then pour over apples.
- bake 35 minutes in a 180oC oven.
- *For 6 apples double the liquid and sugar becomes 1 1/4 cup.