1 hr 5 mins
This recipe has been in the Robinson family for many years. It is a tasty chocolate cake recipe that allows you to add extras to suit your taste. It keeps moist for around 4 days. That also depends if the kids don't find it first!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large saucepan slowly melt butter and add sugar, water, cocoa powder and bicarbonate soda.
- 2At this stage you may wish to add dried fruits, sultanas and rum.
- 3Allow to boil for 5 minutes.
- 4Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- 5Add 2 well beaten eggs to saucepan and mix well.
- 6Add self raising flour and continue to mix until well blended.
- 7Chopped walnuts can be added at this stage.
- 8Grease a round or square cake tin.
- 9Pour mixture into tin and place in a moderate oven (180C regular or 160C degrees fan forced).
- 10Bake for 50 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean.
- 11You can frost the cake with a chocolate frosting or dust with icing sugar.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Nanna Robbie's Chocalate Cake
Serving Size: 1 (105 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 332.2
- Calories from Fat 136
- Total Fat 15.2 g
- Saturated Fat 7.1 g
- Cholesterol 63.9 mg
- Sodium 406.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 46.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 30.0 g
- Protein 4.6 g