1/2 Photos of Nankhatai, Cookies Form India
Found at Simple Indian Recipes. A simple cookie that features nuts or raisins on top, just choose which you like.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Take a mixing bowl with the room temperature butter in it, add the powdered sugar to it and cream together till the mixture becomes light and fluffy.
- 2Sift all the dry ingredients (flour, cardamom powder, baking powder and salt) into a separate bowl.
- 3Add this to the creamed butter mixture little at a time and keep mixing. Knead it to form a soft dough. Cover the dough and let it rest in the refrigerator for 10-15 minutes.
- 4Preheat the oven to 300 degrees F (150 C). Make small gooseberry sized balls of the dough. Smooth the balls by rolling in between your palm, you can also use a cookie cutter to shape the cookies.
- 5Place each ball in a cookie sheet leaveing some space in between as the cookies will expand when it bakes.
- 6Press a pistachio or raisin or cashew or almond on top of the balls gently.
- 7Bake at 300 degrees for 12-15 minutes until the bottom of the cookies turn light golden brown.
- 8Remove from the oven and gently transfer the cookies to a cooling rack. The cookies will be very soft at this stage.
- 9After it cools completely, store in an air tight container for up to a month. Serve as a snack with a cup of tea.
Browse Our Top Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Nankhatai, Cookies Form India
Serving Size: 1 (301 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1504.9
- Calories from Fat 839
- Total Fat 93.3 g
- Saturated Fat 58.5 g
- Cholesterol 244.0 mg
- Sodium 352.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 156.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.5 g
- Sugars 59.0 g
- Protein 13.9 g