Prep 15 mins
Cook 12 mins
Found at Simple Indian Recipes. A simple cookie that features nuts or raisins on top, just choose which you like.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter or 1⁄2 cup ghee
- 1⁄2 cup powdered sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cardamom powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 pinch salt
- pistachios, raisins, cashews, almond, for garnish
- Take a mixing bowl with the room temperature butter in it, add the powdered sugar to it and cream together till the mixture becomes light and fluffy.
- Sift all the dry ingredients (flour, cardamom powder, baking powder and salt) into a separate bowl.
- Add this to the creamed butter mixture little at a time and keep mixing. Knead it to form a soft dough. Cover the dough and let it rest in the refrigerator for 10-15 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees F (150 C). Make small gooseberry sized balls of the dough. Smooth the balls by rolling in between your palm, you can also use a cookie cutter to shape the cookies.
- Place each ball in a cookie sheet leaveing some space in between as the cookies will expand when it bakes.
- Press a pistachio or raisin or cashew or almond on top of the balls gently.
- Bake at 300 degrees for 12-15 minutes until the bottom of the cookies turn light golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and gently transfer the cookies to a cooling rack. The cookies will be very soft at this stage.
- After it cools completely, store in an air tight container for up to a month. Serve as a snack with a cup of tea.
These are little treasures, so quick and so easy to make. They were incredible cookies, tender and crisp, a beautiful texture with a nice cardamom flavor. I ground my cardamom for a subtle soft flavor. Thanks for sharing another winner my friend. Made for Fearless Red Dragons - ZWT8 - India