Recipe by Annacia
Found at Simple Indian Recipes. A simple cookie that features nuts or raisins on top, just choose which you like.
Top Review by Baby Kato
These are little treasures, so quick and so easy to make. They were incredible cookies, tender and crisp, a beautiful texture with a nice cardamom flavor. I ground my cardamom for a subtle soft flavor. Thanks for sharing another winner my friend. Made for Fearless Red Dragons - ZWT8 - India
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter or 1⁄2 cup ghee
- 1⁄2 cup powdered sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cardamom powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 pinch salt
- pistachios, raisins, cashews, almond, for garnish
Directions See How It's Made
- Take a mixing bowl with the room temperature butter in it, add the powdered sugar to it and cream together till the mixture becomes light and fluffy.
- Sift all the dry ingredients (flour, cardamom powder, baking powder and salt) into a separate bowl.
- Add this to the creamed butter mixture little at a time and keep mixing. Knead it to form a soft dough. Cover the dough and let it rest in the refrigerator for 10-15 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees F (150 C). Make small gooseberry sized balls of the dough. Smooth the balls by rolling in between your palm, you can also use a cookie cutter to shape the cookies.
- Place each ball in a cookie sheet leaveing some space in between as the cookies will expand when it bakes.
- Press a pistachio or raisin or cashew or almond on top of the balls gently.
- Bake at 300 degrees for 12-15 minutes until the bottom of the cookies turn light golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and gently transfer the cookies to a cooling rack. The cookies will be very soft at this stage.
- After it cools completely, store in an air tight container for up to a month. Serve as a snack with a cup of tea.