Recipe by PurpleChef
regular Pisang Goreng (Fried Banana) batter is using one or mixing two of these flour: corn flour, glutinous rice flour, rice flour, plain flour with egg, water, salt & sugar. yummy. for my version i added fresh jackfruit puree and cinnamon for extra flavour. you can mix and match the flour you want or whatever's available. if using two kinds of flour, make it 1:1. and of course, you can use saba or other banana variety if there's no available foot long pisang. though best if you can find one as it really makes a difference in taste. and the banana turns deep sunset orange yellow once fried. sweet!
- 1 pisang foot-long banana
- 1⁄2 cup glutinous-rice flour
- 1⁄2 cup plain flour
- 200 g fresh jackfruit
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 large egg
- 1 dash salt
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- canola oil (for deep frying)
Directions See How It's Made
- put the fresh jackfruit with little water and dash of cinnamon in a blender.
- puree smoothly.
- mix the jackfruit puree with flour, bit of water, egg, salt & brown sugar to make a pasty batter.
- slice the banana into bite size pieces.
- dip and cover the banana slices with batter.
- deep fry in canola oil until golden brown.
- use absorbent napkins to remove excess oil.
- serve warm.