Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Here's an easy recipe for all you new cooks out there!
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can tomato soup
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 1⁄2 cups monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 3 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- 1 teaspoon sweet basil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 cups elbow macaroni, cooked
- Preheat oven to 400 In a mixing bowl, stir all ingredients together until well blended.
- place in a greased baking dish and top with buttered Italian style bread crumbs and 3 green pepper rings.
- bake for 25 - 30 minutes.
- (for buttered bread crumbs, add a little melted butter to fine dry bread crumbs until moist but not soggy.).
My kind of cooking, easy and delicious, I doubled the recipe and used 1 can tomato soup and 1 can crm of mushroom. I also added gr. beef. Definitely a keeper!
Wow!! My new favorite comfort food! This is a MUST try! I am a big fan of most mac & cheese, but this is the best I have tried. As the other reviewer, I also doubled the recipe in a 9x13 casserole dish but substituted 1 can cream of mushroom for one of the cans of tomato soup. I also used 1 1/2 cups monterey jack and 1 1/2 cups cheddar. Had to force myself to not eat the entire pan! Leftovers were great as well. Thanks for posting!