1/2 Photos of Nancy's Breakfast Squares
Peggy Lynn's Note:
My Mother, Nancy, has made this dish for as long as I can remember around the holidays or a birthday,some of the work can be done in advance--this makes a pretty presentation and is very flavorful. Hope you enjoy.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 (453.59 g) can refrigerated crescent dinner rolls, preferably pillsbury
- 907.18 g regular pork sausage (OR 1 pound regular or hot pork sausage and one pound bacon, cut in inch pieces, This is the combo we) or 907.18 g hot pork sausage (OR 1 pound regular or hot pork sausage and one pound bacon, cut in inch pieces, This is the combo we)
- 946.36 ml monterey jack cheese, grated
- 8 eggs
- 395.10 ml half-and-half cream
- 4.92 ml salt
- 2.46 ml pepper
- 1Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- 2Spray a 15x10x1-inch pan with cooking spray and line it with the crescent roll dough (Usually the four rectangular pieces of dough contained in the 2 packages fit nicely in the pan (side by side)--if not you can manipulate the dough to make it fit--pinch seams together if necessary.
- 3Brown sausage; drain well and crumble over crust.
- 4If using bacon-either fry to desired doneness or microwave it and cut into one inch pieces.
- 5Spread it evenly over the dough and sausage that is already in the pan.
- 6Top with the Monterey jack cheese.
- 7Beat the eight eggs with the half and half, salt and pepper.
- 8Pour over ingredients in the pan.
- 9Bake 20-25 minutes until eggs are golden and set.
- 10Note: If using an airbake pan please add 10-15 minutes to your bake time.
- 11Cut into 12 equally sized "squares" or more--depending on serving size desired--.
- 12May serve with a dollop of sour cream if desired, and an assortment of fresh fruit -- .
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Nancy's Breakfast Squares
Serving Size: 1 (262 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 869.2
- Calories from Fat 554
- Total Fat 61.6 g
- Saturated Fat 26.8 g
- Cholesterol 390.5 mg
- Sodium 1715.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 3.1 g
- Protein 44.1 g