Recipe by cam7
This is the boiled dressing that is listed as an ingredient in the potato salad recipe I submitted. A little more time and effort to make, but it is well worth it for the flavor it gives the potato salad
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- 2 eggs
- 1 dash cayenne pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Stir Butter and flour together.
- Add milk and let cook in top of double boile, stirring constantly, until quite thick.
- Separate eggs and beat the egg whites until stiff.
- Beat egg yolks slightly, and add the salt, cayenne pepper, sugar, mustard, and vinegar then stir into the thickened milk mixture.
- Cook until thick like cream.
- Remove from heat and pour into the egg whites, stirring constantly.