Recipe by Lorraine of AZ
At Easter dinner we all liked this simple-to-make hash brown casserole. . I liked that there were no half-cooked onions to suppy the wrong texture. Others liked the cheese flavor and the simple richness from the half-and-half. Note that the setting time required is not figured into the times below.
- 26 ounces frozen hash brown potatoes, shredded and thawed (2 packages)
- 1 pint half-and-half
- 1 lb Velveeta cheese
- 1 cup butter (1/2 pound) or 1 cup margarine (1/2 pound)
Directions See How It's Made
- Butter a 9 x 13-inch baking pan. No need to start the oven just yet.
- Put the potatoes into the prepared pan and pat evenly.
- Melt together the cheese and the butter together with the half-and-half. Pour evenly over the potatoes.
- Let casserole set on the counter for 1/2 hour. About midway, you may start preheating the oven.
- Bake casserole for 1 hour or until hot and bubbly.