Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
At Easter dinner we all liked this simple-to-make hash brown casserole. . I liked that there were no half-cooked onions to suppy the wrong texture. Others liked the cheese flavor and the simple richness from the half-and-half. Note that the setting time required is not figured into the times below.
- Butter a 9 x 13-inch baking pan. No need to start the oven just yet.
- Put the potatoes into the prepared pan and pat evenly.
- Melt together the cheese and the butter together with the half-and-half. Pour evenly over the potatoes.
- Let casserole set on the counter for 1/2 hour. About midway, you may start preheating the oven.
- Bake casserole for 1 hour or until hot and bubbly.