Recipe by LBeebO
This recipe came from the "Nancy Drew Cookbook"
Top Review by Proud Veteran's wife
YUM! This is a bit of work to make but it's worth it and very tasty. It's a nice rich flavor. I am pregnant so I left out the coffee. But I think it would be even better with the coffee. My kids LOVED this and it will be one we make for sure again. I've never really had cinnamon in my hot chocolate but I loved the different flavor. Thank you for posting! Made for Spring PAC 2009
- 4 (1 ounce) unsweetened chocolate squares
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 2 teaspoons instant coffee
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 quarts hot milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Put chocolate, sugar, water, coffee, cinnamon, and salt into a saucepan Stir them together over medium heat and bring the mixture to a boil.
- Then lower the heat and cook gently for 4 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat and let the mixture cool. Whip the cream with a hand beater or mixer.
- When the chocolate mixture has cooled, stir it into the whipped cream. Put 2 tablespoons of the mixture into each cup.
- Fill the cups with hot milk. Stir before serving.
- Now enjoy this cup of goodness with your friends!