Recipe by Codychop
This Nancy Drew recipe is actually very good. Most of the ND recipes I've posted are really hokey and not so tasty, but this rice is easy to prepare and quite good.
- 1 cup raw rice
- 5 tablespoons butter, divided
- 3 1⁄2 cups chicken broth
- 3 medium onions, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt 2 T butter in large sauce pan, add rice and fry until brown and fragrant.
- Add 1 cup broth, boil the lower heat.
- Cover and cook 15 minutes.
- Add rest of broth and cook until liquid is absorbed.
- In separate pan, melt remaining 3 T butter and fry onions and pepper until golden.
- Combine veggies into rice and serve hot.