Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This Nancy Drew recipe is actually very good. Most of the ND recipes I've posted are really hokey and not so tasty, but this rice is easy to prepare and quite good.
- 1 cup raw rice
- 5 tablespoons butter, divided
- 3 1⁄2 cups chicken broth
- 3 medium onions, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- Melt 2 T butter in large sauce pan, add rice and fry until brown and fragrant.
- Add 1 cup broth, boil the lower heat.
- Cover and cook 15 minutes.
- Add rest of broth and cook until liquid is absorbed.
- In separate pan, melt remaining 3 T butter and fry onions and pepper until golden.
- Combine veggies into rice and serve hot.
I used only one onion. This rice is so tasty. I over cooked it but it was still great. It was sticky like a risotto. Thanks Codychop :) Made for Bargain Basement tag game