Apple Brownies makes you wonder but these sure are good. This ladies daughter brought one home from school, made by her teacher and she just had to have the recipe. Recipe source, "The Apple Cookbook".
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup margarine, at room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup presifted all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 large rome beauty apple (Came out very soft and juicy using MacIntosh Apple; Excellent)
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degree.
- 2Grease and flour 8"x8" baking dish.
- 3Cream together the margarine and sugar in a medium-size bowl.
- 4Beat in the egg.
- 5In another bowl, mix together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and spices.
- 6Stir into the batter.
- 7Peel, core, and dice the apple.
- 8Add to the batter with the chopped walnuts and vanilla extract.
- 9Stir to combine.
- 10Pour into the baking dish and bake for 30 minutes or until a skewer inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- 11Cool in the pan on a wire rack.
- 12Slice into squares.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Nancy Black's School Brownies
Serving Size: 1 (50 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 176.2
- Calories from Fat 87
- Total Fat 9.6 g
- Saturated Fat 1.4 g
- Cholesterol 13.2 mg
- Sodium 144.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 14.1 g
- Protein 2.1 g