Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
I got this great recipe from a friend. I usually serve this as a side dish on the Holidays.
- 1 (3 ounce) package orange Jell-O
- 1 cup hot water
- 1 pint softened vanilla ice cream
- 1 (11 ounce) candrained mandarin oranges
- 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple (fresh pineapple CANNOT be used because it will not allow the jello to set)
- 6 maraschino cherries, cut in 1/2
- 2 ounces chopped walnuts
- Mix jello with water.
- Whip ice cream into jello mixture.
- Add oranges, pineapple, nuts and cherries.
- Mix well.
- Pour into lightly greased mold-or- glass server dish (I use a large brandy sniffer).
- Refrigerate till firm and unmold, if necessary.
I made this for an Easter dinner sidedish. Even the friend that dislikes jello molds liked this one! This did form in the mold for me but it sort of started drooping fairly soon. I liked the fruit and nut combination (not to mention the creamsicle like flavor). Thank you for sharing!
I made this for Christmas and everyone loved it- especially the kids in the family. The recipe didn't specify whether to drain the pineapple but I did anyways. I used low-fat vanilla froxen yogurt to reduce the fat. I will definitely make this again!
Very Good!! It was like a 50/50 bar with fruit and nuts. Liked by everyone. I will make this again. Thank you for a great side dish recipe.