Recipe by dojemi
Although I love chopped chicken liver, I know it's not good for you. This is a recipe I first had at my friend's house and I did not know it 'wasn't' real chicken liver until I told her how delicious it was and she confessed. Servings are approximate (I could eat 1/2 of it).
Top Review by CobraLimes
I've made this recipe for years and it IS delicious and quite a surprise that there's no liver in it. Please note that I've found a quick shake of soy sauce makes this even more outstanding.
- 2 large sweet onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1 (15 ounce) can le seuer peas, drained
- 1 hard-boiled eggs or 2 egg whites
- salt and pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute' the onions in the oil till browned, but'not' burned.
- Put the walnuts in a processor and process till fine.
- Take the walnuts out of the processor and set aside.
- To the processor, add the peas, 1/2 of the cooked onions and the egg.
- Process till smooth.
- Add the remaining onions and the walnuts and mix well.
- Add salt and pepper, to taste.
- Better the second day.
- Freezes well.