Recipe by Kikai's Kitchen
An absolute favorite!!! When I was younger, I couldn't live a day without begging my lola (grandma) to make this all the time. Basically it's crispy fried chicken adobo. This is the only way I do fried chicken at home and It's always on my weekly menu.
Top Review by CeliacZooChef
My family and I loved this. After the chicken was boiled, I added 1/4 cup brown sugar and 1/2 tsp cinnamon to the sauce and continued boiling to thicken while the chicken was frying. We drizzled it over the chicken and rice, and it was great. I also loved the crisp skin without the breading!
- 907.18-1360.77 g whole chickens (cut into serving pieces or you can use just thighs or just drumsticks or just wings... J)
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 bay leaves
- 4.92 ml whole black peppercorn, crushed lightly
- 177.44 ml soy sauce
- 236.59 ml distilled white vinegar (or cane vinegar is better if you can get hold of one)
- 354.88 ml water
- oil, for deep-frying
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large pan combine the chicken, garlic, peppercorns,bay leaves, soy sauce, vinegar and water and bring to a boil. Simmer uncovered over low heat until chicken is cooked through (25-35 minutes).
- Remove chicken from pan and pat dry.
- In a large skillet heat the oil over medium heat until it is hot but not smoking. Then deep fry the chicken in batches until it is brown and the skin looks crispy. (NOTE: Make sure you pat them dry as it spits!).
- Serve with rice.
- Enjoy -- .