Prep 25 mins
Cook 15 mins
Yummy chili given to me by a friend. Thanks to her "Nana" for feeding my picky family of 5!
- 1 -2 yellow onion, chopped
- 3 -4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 extra large can chicken broth
- 1 roasted chicken
- 2 (15 ounce) cans white beans, drained
- 2 (9 ounce) packagesof sweet white petite corn, frozen
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chilies
- 1 teaspoon lemon pepper
- 1 teaspoon cumin seed (or ground cumin as substitute)
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried cilantro
- 2 -3 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 (8 ounce) cansliced olives, drained
- Sautee onions and garlic in butter and EVOO.
- Add the rest of ingredients, minus the corn.
- Cook until simmering, then add corn.
- Continue to cook until hot and bubbly.
- Best if reheated.
- Lasts 2 weeks refrigerated.
Made this for Spring PAC 2013 and the neighbors who were out of town and just got home...they really enjoyed this. I did sneak a taste but I will definately make this for DH and I...so yummy. Served this with a green salad and french bread. Thank you for posting.
Great chili! Made as directed and served with a side salad and biscuits. Thanks for sharing! ***Made for Fall PAC 2012***