Recipe by lucy k.
This can be used to stuff a turkey or cooked on the side. Classic herbed stuffing.
- 1 lb bulk sausage
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup dried apricot, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons sage (or poultry seasoning)
- 2 teaspoons savory
- 1 -1 1⁄2 loaf bread
- 2 cups chicken broth or 2 cups turkey drippings (to use if cooking the stuffing outside of the bird)
Directions See How It's Made
- The night before, lay out the bread slices to dry.
- Cut dried bread into cubes.
- In a large frying pan, brown loose sausage with onions and celery.
- Add apricots and seasonings.
- Pour sausage mixture into large bowl with bread and combine.
- Stuff turkey or place in casserole and moisten with chicken broth.
- If using casserole, place in oven with turkey for about the last hour.
- Moisten further with turkey drippings as necessary.