Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
This has been in my family for at least thirty years. The story goes that one day my Nana received a call from Grandpa who told her to expect company that evening for dinner. She frantically threw together this delightful little casserole and completely astonished the guests. The ingredients are simple, but the flavors and textures combine in such a way that one is often unable to forget.
- 2 (8 ounce) cans tuna
- 2 cups wheat flakes cereal
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 (8 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder or 2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄4 cup minced onion
- 1 1⁄2 cups of shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄2 cup dry roasted peanuts
- Drain tuna.
- Combine tuna, cereal, onions, garlic powder, oil, and soup in large mixing bowl.
- Spread mixture in 9x13 casserole baking pan.
- Top with cheese and peanuts.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees and bake for 30 minutes.
This was tasty, but to me, the texture was sort of gooey. I found the tuna/mozarella combination not to my liking.