Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is a recipe handed down for generations! It is time consuming but is requested year and year. There's no other stuffing like it.
- 6 large carrots, chopped or 30 ounces baby carrots
- 1 bunch celery, chopped
- 3 roma tomatoes, diced
- 3 bunches green onions, chopped
- 3 (15 ounce) cans black olives, chopped
- 1 lb pork sausage
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 3 (24 ounce) bagsunseasoned croutons
- 1 tablespoon garlic salt
- 1 tablespoon onion salt
- Cook turkey giblets while preparing vegetables - Save broth - strip meat off turkey neck and save for dressing.
- In deep pan fry sausage and ground beef, use 12 cube butter with meat. Fry until no longer pink.
- Add a few of the diced vegetables, about a cup at a time. Stir and cook, add more butter and vegetables gradually. Also, add spices as you add vegetables. Don't use table salt as the pork has salt in it.
- As vegetables cook down (test carrots for doneness) pour broth and croutons alternately into mixture, keep stirring all the while. The croutons will make the mixture thick, be sure and don't get it soupy. (if you do, add more croutons) add meat from stripped turkey neck.
- May be served like this or put in baking dish and bake about 1 hour at 350*.