Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
My Mom has been making this for over 50 years, and it is one of my favorites. I hope you enjoy it. This makes dressing for a whole head of cabbage.
- 1 cup cream or 1 cup milk
- 4 tablespoons Miracle Whip (or mayonnaise)
- 4 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- salt (to taste)
- pepper (to taste)
- Mix together the cream and Miracle Whip.
- Add vinegar,, sugar, salt and pepper, whipping with a whisk until totally blended.
- Pour over 1/2 head cabbage and refrigerate for several hours, stirring occasionally.
Oh my....we loved the combination of the dressing ingredients for the cabbage. Don't you just love the old favorites that have been in the family for years...simple ingredients yet full of flavor. This is a keeper, Miss Annie, thanks for sharing it.
Used white vinegar and added some coconut extract to go with my Hawaiian dinner. It was really good, the miracle whip wasn't overwhelming after adding the coconut. Will make again, thanks!
For our taste, it had a little too much sugar and milk. Next we cut sugar to 3 tbls and 1/2 cup of milk.