Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is from my mother's big bag of recipes. She used to cook this at least once a week because we all loved it! Serve over hot rice.
- 2 lbs shrimp, peeled, cleaned and deveined
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 4 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 8 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 bay leaf
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice of
- cayenne pepper, to taste
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Melt butter in large saucepan.
- Add flour and mix.
- Add milk and stir until thick cream sauce is made.
- Add Worcestershire sauce, ketchup, bay leaf, red pepper and lemon juice.
- Add salt and pepper.
- Add shrimp and allow to get very hot (I assume this means to cook until the shrimp are pink and the sauce is hot).
- Serve over white rice.
Very tasty, although I would decrease the Worcestershire some and add some minced garlic. Also, I would prefer to use cooked shrimp and add it at the end to warm it up; it was hard to tell when the shrimp was done underneath all the sauce. Thanks for posting, Mary. Made for Photo Tag.