Prep 2 mins
Cook 10 mins
Simple, hearty comfort food. If you don't like a very meaty gravy, cut the amount of meat in half.
- 1 lb ground sausage (I use Bob Evans brand in a roll)
- 1 1⁄4 cups skim milk
- 3 tablespoons white flour
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic salt (or to taste)
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon dried sage
- Brown sausage in a large skillet, breaking up with a spoon.
- Remove sausage from skillet, reserve all drippings.
- Whisk drippings and 3 tablespoons flour together, then slowly add the skim milk, whisking until smooth.
- Season with garlic salt, fresh ground black pepper and dried sage. Adjust seasonings if needed.
- For a thinner gravy, add additional skim milk, 3 tablespoons at a time, until desired consistency is achieved.
- Serve over biscuits or toast.
This is a good hearty sausage gravy. I like the flavor that the spices add to the sauce. I used garlic powder instead of garlic salt, also added 1 tablespoon butter to the sauce. Next time I make this I will only use 2 tablespoons flour as it was very thick even after adding another 1/2 cup milk. Made for *Fall 2008 PAC* Thanks!