Top Review by Missy Wombat
This is an excellent simple gnocchi recipe. The proportions are spot on and it mixes well. I made this using a homemade ricotta [#47259] and it went very well served with a pesto recipe also from this site. I didn't drain the ricotta when I made it for the full 30 minutes as the curd had beautifully separated out and it wasn't overly moist at all. Thanks for a yummy gnocchi recipe Dee!
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine flour, salt and ricotta; mix thoroughly.
- Knead dough on lightly floured board until dough is smooth.
- Set dough aside on corned of floured board.
- Cut small pieces from dough and quickly roll dough into a "finger thin" roll, and cut into pieces about 1/2 inch long.
- Flatten each piece gently with thumb and bring long sides together to form a hollow tube or shell shape.
- Arrange the gnocchi on a lightly floured cloth or board, dust them lightly with flour.
- After shaping all the dough, gently drop the gnocchi into a large pot of boiling, salted water.
- Cook them about 10-12 minutes, stirring occasionally to prevent sticking.
- When they rise to the surface, remove them from the pot with a strainer.
- Place in a heated bowl.
- Serve with your favorite pasta sauce and sprinkle with grated Parmesan cheese.