Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a Southern mayonnaise and egg potato salad.
- 6 white potatoes, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 5 eggs
- 2 -3 stalks celery, diced
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- 1 teaspoon cider vinegar, Heinz preferred
- 3⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- Place potatoes and eggs in enough cold water to cover.
- Salt the water liberally.
- Bring to a boil and simmer until potatoes are tender, but not soft, about 15 minutes.
- Remove eggs and allow to cool on a plate.
- Drain potatoes.
- When cooled, slice 4 eggs and add to potatoes, along with celery and onion.
- Mix mayonnaise, mustard, and vinegar and pour over potato mixture.
- Stir gently until mixed.
- In serving bowl, top with remaining sliced egg.
- If using generic vinegar, I've found it takes much more than 1 teaspoon, up to a tablespoon.