Recipe by Dienia B.
From the Food Network. . I have modified for my boyfriend's taste, he being from neb and hating heat. lol
Top Review by Chocolatl
I added the chicken, and I'm glad I did. My picky son said he really enjoyed chicken made this way. It's more like a hotpot than roasted potatoes, but an excellent dish that we all liked. Thanks for posting!
- 3 cups water
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 tomatoes, chopped
- 3 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped or 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 4 large russet potatoes
- 1 Polish sausage
- 2 lbs chicken (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Pour water into roasting pan; add vinegar (the water should have a vinegary taste).
- Sprinkle paprika over the water and mix, removing the lumps.
- Add salt, pepper, onion, tomato, parsley and potatoes; add sausage. and chicken pieces if you wish
- Bake for 2 hours.
- Do not cover potatoes because they will steam, not roast.
- The potatoes will have a nice a red color.