Prep 5 mins
Cook 3 hrs
In South GA, it gets HOT! As a diabetic, my DH's mother (Nana) eats a little of this to cool down and to raise the blood sugar a bit. I don't know about that...I just think it's an interesting combo of ingredients (unlike others posted on Zaar) that I can't get enough of....but she's right about one thing. Little squares of this is great to pop on a really hot day! Cut into little squares and put into a airtight container..it stays soft enough in my freezer to eat right away. This is easy to double and/or freeze in individual serving cups for the Holidays. Put the individual cups in freezer bags. Cook time is freeze time
- 1 (16 ounce) can whole berry cranberry sauce
- 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple, well drained
- 1 (8 ounce) carton reduced-fat sour cream (not fat free)
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped pecans or 1⁄4 cup walnuts
- 1 dash salt
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl.
- Pour into an 9x13 inch square dish, cover and freeze for at least 3 hours.
- Move from freezer to refrigerator 30 minutes before serving. Cut in small bite size squares and store in the freezer in airtight and freezersafe container. These are good!
This is a great, easy make-ahead recipe. I used it as a salad for a family I took a meal to. I tasted it before freezing and decided to add 1/4 cup sugar, as it seemed a little tart. Next time, I'll make it per the recipe, but wanted to make sure when taking it to someone else. Thanks!