Prep 10 mins
Cook 72 hrs
My Mom,(called Nana by her Grands), made these for us for years. They truly do melt in your mouth . If you are a Blue CHeese fan, these are for you. A fix and forget main dish. I always serve either rice or noodles with it so I don't miss any of the yummy gravy. Also, she used very thick bone in chops, I mostly use the boneless ones, but they really should be thick ones, no matter which type you choose.
- Pre-heat oven to 250.
- Season the chops on both sides with salt, pepper and a little garlic powder.
- Lightly coat the chops in the sesoned flour.
- Heat oil in skillet and brown chops on both sides.
- Remove from pan and place in a Dutch Oven or an oven proof pan with a tight fitting lid or one that can be covered with foil.
- place the chops in the pan in a single layer and pour the chicken broth around them.
- Sprinkle the cheese evenly on top of the chops and cover the pan.
- Bake 3 hours on low, checking every so often to make sure they are not getting too dry. If need be add more broth,. but it should be okay. It will make it's own gravy to serve along side or over noodles or rice. We love this dish, my husand frequently requests it for his bithday dinner. Hope you enjoy it too.
OH WOW! I had blue cheese in the fridge to use up .. and pork chops.. I am soooo glad I looked this up and tried. it.. wonderful recipe.... thats all i can say.. try it.. the chops did NOT dry out at all... I cooked them almost 4 hrs actually.. then did as another reviewer suggested.. i pulled the chops out and added some heavy cream and a little more blue cheese.. heavenly.. served tonight with red potato mashies and sauteed spinach.. thank you for this recipe bayou.. its a keeper!!
Absolutely divine. Husband said they were the best pork chops he's ever eaten in his life!! I tweaked just a bit, using cx Better than Bullion and water for broth, browning in Dutch oven, simmering in same on stovetop. Removed chops, added 1 cup of heavy cream, then the bleu cheese to make a heavenly gravy. Thank you for sharing this wonderful recipe!
Tender and flavorful chops...I'm floating around somewhere in Blue Cheese heaven!