Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
This recipe was given to me by my grandmother(Nana). She won several blue ribbons at the county fairs with it.
- Cream Sugar and Oil together and add eggs one at a time.
- Add cake mix and nectar alternately.
- Mix well.
- Bake in tube pan for 1 hour @ 325 degrees.
- Let cool in pan 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile mix the lemon juice and sugar together and cook on the stove until sugar is dissolved.
- Remove cake from pan and spread glaze on top and sides.
Moist and delicious with just the right lemon flavor. This cake brings back very wonderful memories for me. My grandmother always made this for family gatherings. Made for A Taste of Yellow for LiveStrong Day in the Photo Forum.
this is a GREAT cake!! i didn't have the nectar so I used apple juice and added a tsp of lemon extract. perfect cake. very moist and lemony.