Prep 1 min
Cook 1 min
Destined to become a kiwi classic. It's a bit sweet, it's a bit sparkly. If you like brandy...try this! Brandy over ice topped with lemonade and cream soda. You'll be delighted with the outcome. Even if you don't normally like brandy drinks...you may want to try this one! Nana, thanks for sharing your lemon brandy quencher with the world! (-:
- 1 ounce brandy (2 if you are happy)
- 4 ounces lemonade (American style, homemade would be wonderful)
- 4 ounces cream soda (kiwis call it creaming soda)
- Fill a tall glass with ice.
- Add brandy (1 to 2 shots, depending on how happy you are).
- Add creaming soda and lemonade. Stir. Taste. Top up with additional cream soda or cold water if it's too strong.
This is a pretty good drink, and I've made it several times these past few (warm) days. I have a bottle of brandy I want to use up, so I made this with both 1 and 2 ounces of brandy - the latter is a bit strong for a lightweight like me. I didn't have homemade lemonade on hand, so I used a store-bought bottle of it. (I'm not sure what American-style lemonade is, but I live in the USA so I suppose that's what I had anyway.) Also, I didn't think I liked cream soda, but I bought a 6-pack of bottles of it just for this. Thanks for a nice taste treat!
Very refreshing. I had a big pitcher of lemonade I'd made yesterday (good deal on lemons at the Market) and I used this just now as a 'pick-me-up'. Loved it. Tart and sweet and the brandy really gives a nice hit.
Nice and refreshing and all ingredients on hand. I used pink lemonade, how pretty. Made for zingo, ZWT5.