Recipe by veggienut
This concoction was passed down from my grandmother who cooked with what she had on hand at the time and who never measured anything. It's sounds odd but is one of my favorite hearty, comfort foods. It's like spaghetti without the carbs. Even healthier if you substitute ground turkey for the ground beef.
- 2 lbs fresh green beans
- 1 lb ground beef
- 16 ounces your favorite spaghetti sauce (or you can make your own)
- 1 large onion, chopped into 1/2-3/4-inch pieces
- 1 (12 ounce) can whole tomatoes, drained & roughly cut (or use a large can if you love tomatoes in your sauce)
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning (or your own blend of basil, oregano, parsley)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- parmesan cheese (optional topping) (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown the ground beef.
- In a 12 qt pan combine all ingredients and bring to a boil.
- Cover and reduce heat to med/low.
- Cook until the beans are tender.
- I like to serve this is in bowl with plenty of french or italian bread and parmesean cheese on the side.