Prep 3 mins
Cook 0 mins
This French Toast recipe was a staple in our household in Maryland while we were kids. An easy to make hot breakfast. The substitution of whole wheat bread and soymilk are the only change to the original recipe from 35 years ago.
- 3⁄4 cup vanilla-flavored soymilk (Silk or similar)
- 2 large eggs
- 8 slices of thick whole wheat bread
- 100% real maple syrup
- Preheat nonstick pan on stove at medium high heat.
- Pour 3/4 cup of vanilla soymilk into bowl.
- Break 2 large eggs into same bowl and mix with vanilla soymilk.
- Sprinkle enough cinnamon to cover surface.
- Dip slice of whole wheat bread into bowl. Three seconds for each side.
- Place slice of dipped whole wheat bread onto pan. Usually I place two slices at a time into heated pan.
- Once bottom side of whole wheat bread is medium brown in color, flip the slice of bread in pan.
- Once second side of bread is also medium brown in color, remove from pan.
- Serve with real 100% maple syrup.