Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr 50 mins
This is my mother-in-law's recipe--a twist on fruitcake. You get a little taste of candied fruit in a yummy brandy pound cake. It is quite delicious.
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 3⁄4 cups sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons brandy or 2 tablespoons Bourbon
- 4 eggs
- 2 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1⁄2 cup candied cherry, diced
- 1⁄2 cup candied pineapple, diced
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- Cream the cream cheese and the butter together until light and fluffy.
- Gradually add the sugar and cream well.
- Add the vanilla and brandy (or bourbon), mixing well.
- Add the eggs one at a time,beating well after each addition.
- Set aside 1/4 cup flour.
- Sift the remaining 2 cups flour, cornstarch and baking powder together.
- Gradually add the flour mix to the batter, mixing well.
- Dredge the pecans and candied fruit in the 1/4 cup flour, coating all pieces thoroughly.
- (this keeps them from all sinking to the bottom of the cake as it bakes) Fold the pecans, candied fruit and any flour residue into the cake batter.
- Grease a bundt pan very heavily with Crisco, and sprinkle the 3 tablespoons of sugar evenly in the bottom of the cake pan over the Crisco.
- Pour the cake batter into the bundt pan.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 30 minutes.
- Then reduce the oven heat to 300 degrees and bake for another 1 hour and 20 minutes.