Recipe by Georgia Girl
My MIL was a caterer for many years--this is one of her best recipes, and one that all 9 of her grandchildren could not wait to devour!!!
Top Review by twissis
This cake is excellent! I wanted to make a spec treat for my DH who has been so tolerant w/me during ZWT & this was truly spec ... an easy fix w/a lovely dense, moist & rich outcome. The recipe makes a lrg cake & I'll prob halve it next time. I used apricot brandy (just what I had on hand), but didn't notice even a subtle flavour of it. No doubt here - a 5 star standout! Thx for posting.
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups superfine sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons brandy
- 4 large eggs
- 2 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 (12 ounce) package mini chocolate chips, at room temp
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.
- Cream the cream cheese and the butter together until light and fluffy.
- Add the sugar and cream well.
- Add the vanilla and the brandy, mixing well.
- Add the eggs one at a time, mixing well each time.
- Sift the flour, cornstarch and baking powder together, and fold in the chocolate chips.
- Add the dry ingredients/chips to the egg/sugar mixture gradually, mixing well after each addition.
- Heavily grease a bundt or a 10 inch tube pan, and pour the cake batter into the pan.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 30 minutes.
- Reduce the oven heat to 300 degrees and bake for another 1 hour and 20 minutes.