This was one of my Nana's signature cakes...We all loved cherry cordials and received them for Christmas quite a few times! This cake was my Nana's way of giving us that same simple pleasure, but in a more healthy (???) way! YUM-O!!!
- Mix cake mix, eggs and flavorings until well-blended. (I use a hand mixer and mix for at least 2 minutes.).
- Fold in cherry pie filling (gently).
- Spread batter into a 8" x 12" pan that has been greased and floured.
- Bake at 350 degrees until done. (40-50 minutes, according to the cake mix package.).
- Frost with dark chocolate frosting.