Prep 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
This was one of my Nana's signature cakes...We all loved cherry cordials and received them for Christmas quite a few times! This cake was my Nana's way of giving us that same simple pleasure, but in a more healthy (???) way! YUM-O!!!
- Mix cake mix, eggs and flavorings until well-blended. (I use a hand mixer and mix for at least 2 minutes.).
- Fold in cherry pie filling (gently).
- Spread batter into a 8" x 12" pan that has been greased and floured.
- Bake at 350 degrees until done. (40-50 minutes, according to the cake mix package.).
- Frost with dark chocolate frosting.
This made a great cake I made it for my wife for mothers day and everyone loved it
What a great and moist cake, I remember just after moving to the states, back a million years ago.. my neighbor brought on along for my first potluck. Tried it exactly as stated and added the cream cheese frosting, as Amy had suggested. Wonderful. This is a last Goodby to Stacy.
This was great for my son's first birthday-- as easy as a boxed mix, but it tasted like something special. It took almost an hour in my two round pans. I kept testing with a toothpick, but it was hard to tell if it was done due to the cherries making the toothpick look moist. I frosted this with cream cheese frosting and it was really a good combo. Thanks for posting!