Recipe by Stacky5
This was one of my Nana's signature cakes...We all loved cherry cordials and received them for Christmas quite a few times! This cake was my Nana's way of giving us that same simple pleasure, but in a more healthy (???) way! YUM-O!!!
- 1 (18 ounce) box dark chocolate cake mix
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) canthank you brand cherry pie filling
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon almond flavoring
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- dark chocolate frosting
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix cake mix, eggs and flavorings until well-blended. (I use a hand mixer and mix for at least 2 minutes.).
- Fold in cherry pie filling (gently).
- Spread batter into a 8" x 12" pan that has been greased and floured.
- Bake at 350 degrees until done. (40-50 minutes, according to the cake mix package.).
- Frost with dark chocolate frosting.