Recipe by MsPia
Nana was my grandmother in law. This chicken wings are fabulous. Only 3 ingredients. They take a long time to cook, but the results are out of this world. The meat slides of the bone.
Top Review by Bert's Kitchen Witch
Delicious! I LOVED these wings! The wing is probably my favorite piece of the chicken. Sauced up like this with Soy, and Sweet-Chili, they are delectable! It is so, so easy to do!I cut the recipe down, because with only two of us, and this being only part of a complete Chinese meal that I was preparing, 5 lbs, would have been much more than I needed. I did have a problem with the soy sauce trying to "burn out" of the pan on me. This was only because by cutting down all the ingredients, I had too little liquid for the size pan I used. It was very clearly my own fault. The wings, however still came out perfect! My advise to anyone who was going to half the recipe as I did, would be to be sure and use a small enough baking pan for how many wings you have. Also, I will try covering the pan with foil during part of the time that the wings cook in the soy sauce.I would recommend this recipe to eveyone. And,it WILL be a REGULAR around here!!Thanks Ms. Pia, this is a definate keeper!
- 5 lbs chicken wings
- 1 (20 ounce) bottle low sodium soy sauce
- 1 (32 ounce) bottle sweet chili sauce (I use Mae Ploy)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Put wings on a big roasting pan.
- Cover with soy sauce.
- Bake for an hour. Mixing occasionally to cover the wings with the soy sauce.
- Take out of the oven an let it cool down completely.
- When cool, drain the soy sauce.
- Cover with the sweet chili sauce and bake at 350 for an hour, mixing occasionally to cover the wings with the sauce.
- On the last 5 minutes bring the oven temperature to 450.