Recipe by Mrs. Baze
This is my husband's all time favorite recipe. It was passed down to me by my mother-in-law (and she originally got the recipe from her mother-in-law), so I am very proud to carry on this delicious family tradition! It's great to put in the oven before church, then when you get home Sunday lunch is already made!
- 8 slices dried beef (found in canned meat section) or 8 slices thin-sliced hard salami
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 4 slices bacon
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 275 degress F. Place two slices of dried beef (or salami) on the bottom of a Pyrex baking dish for each piece of chicken (creating a bed for each breast to lay on). Place each chicken breast over their slices of dried beef. Lightly salt and pepper chicken breasts. Place 1 slice of bacon on top of each chicken breast, overlapping it to cover as much of the breast as possible. Mix together sour cream and cream of mushroom in a bowl. Spread mixture over all of the chicken breasts, completely covering them. Bake for 3 hours, uncovered.
- We eat ours over lightly buttered, white rice -- that way you can soak up all the sauce!