Recipe by jamerlynn
These are very gooey and moist--the best ever!
Top Review by lilsweetie
This is the easiest caramel topping ever and absolutely delicious. No need to fuss over cooking caramel on the stove - this carmelizes on its own in the oven. I used a glass baking dish so I could gauge the browning of the bottoms and the caramel.
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 3 -3 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 1⁄4 teaspoons yeast
- 1 cup warm water (130)
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1⁄2 cup soft butter
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- Sprinkle brown sugar in greased 9x13-inch pan. Pour over whipping cream, set aside.
- In large bowl, combine 1 1/2 cups flour, sugar, yeast, and salt. Add water, egg, and melted butter; beat at low speed until moistened.
- By hand, stir in 1 1/2- 2 cups flour. Knead 3 minutes; let rest 10 minutes.
- Roll dough to a 7x15-inch rectangle. Spread with butter; sprinkle with brown sugar and cinnamon. Roll up tightly and seal edges. Cut into 1-inch rolls.
- Place in prepared pan. Cover and let rise until doubled.
- Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes.
- Invert onto serving plate.