Recipe by marypage
These are scrumptious cookies. My grandmother made them for all holidays. They bring back wonderful times spent in the kitchen. These need to be refrigerated over night so plan accordinly.
- 3⁄4 lb butter, room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream butter and sugar; add egg yolks and vanilla. Mix until fully incorporated.
- Sift flour and salt and add gradually to butter mixture.
- Beat until blended.
- Shape dought into a log; cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Slice and bake at 400°F for 10 minutes. Remove from cookie sheet and cool.
- Instead of shaping into log. Roll dough into balls the size of walnuts.
- Refrigerate balls overnight.
- Flatten dough balls with fork dipped into sugar. I make tine marks north to south then east to west.
- Bake at 400°F for 10 minutes. Remove from cookie sheet and cool.