Recipe by mandabears
I don't like beets, I don't like Borscht, but I know people who love this recipe, so I thought I would post it.
- 46 ounces tomato juice
- 2 large onions, peeled
- 2 (15 ounce) cans beets
- 32 ounces water
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup lemon juice
- 6 white potatoes, boiled and peeled
- sour cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Blend tomato juice and onions.
- Chop beets and add to water.
- Put all ingredients in large pot and bring to boil.
- Lower heat and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- To serve: Put potatoes in bowl. Add borscht and dollops of sour cream.