Prep 45 mins
Cook 20 mins
My mother made these for us growing up, and now my kids like me to make these easy to eat and handle "hamburgers." These are easy to freeze and reheat. The best dough mix to use is the Pillsbury Hot Roll mix that comes in a blue box.
- Brown ground beef and onion in skillet.
- DO NOT DRAIN!
- Add shredded cabbage, salt and pepper to meat and onions and cover. Stirring occasionally.
- While cabbage, meat mixture is cooking, follow the recipe steps 1 - 4 on the Hot Roll mix. Don't form into shapes.
- When dough is ready, pull off small balls of dough and roll out.
- Place meat mixture into middle of the dough.
- Fold the dough around the meat mixture.
- Place on baking sheet and cook at 375 for 15 - 20 minutes, until golden brown.
I made this to serve at our Superbowl party. They smelled sooooo good while they were baking that I couldn't wait to taste them. I had one as soon as they came out of the oven. O MY!! These are absolutely yummy. The only thing I did differently was add a little garlic powder. To speed things up, I also used slaw mix which had a little grated carrot. It turned out wonderfully. I will certainly use this recipe again. Thanks for sharing.
While I used my own recipe for the filling, I followed your instructions for the boxed dough (I just found the mix at Christmas time). Thanks for posting!
This was so good. It's great when you want to grab something in a hurry. It's especially good when the dough is rolled out very thinly.