3 hrs 30 mins
Liz Fresh Plate's Note:
This sauce is my nana's version and the best I have ever tasted! I get quite a few requests to make it from friends and family.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Brown onion and green pepper in a large skillet in a small amount of oil.
- 2Add ground beef to the onion and green peppers; cook until brown.
- 3Carefully drain the hamburger mixture and return to the skillet.
- 4Add the tomato sauce, onion salt, salt, garlic salt, oregano, ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, Heinz 57 and Italian seasoning.
- 5Stir well and simmer on low heat for 2-3 hours.
- 6Serve over your favorite pasta with garlic bread and a salad.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Nana's Best Spaghetti Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (419 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 550.9
- Calories from Fat 309
- Total Fat 34.4 g
- Saturated Fat 13.3 g
- Cholesterol 154.2 mg
- Sodium 1129.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 8.2 g
- Protein 44.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Heinz 57 steak sauce