Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This sauce is my nana's version and the best I have ever tasted! I get quite a few requests to make it from friends and family.
- Brown onion and green pepper in a large skillet in a small amount of oil.
- Add ground beef to the onion and green peppers; cook until brown.
- Carefully drain the hamburger mixture and return to the skillet.
- Add the tomato sauce, onion salt, salt, garlic salt, oregano, ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, Heinz 57 and Italian seasoning.
- Stir well and simmer on low heat for 2-3 hours.
- Serve over your favorite pasta with garlic bread and a salad.