Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
In my opinion, this is the absolute best banana bread out there. I got it through a mail order recipe club called "Grandma's Kitchen". It is so easy to make, and it seems like everyone always has some ripening bananas that they're trying to get rid of!
- 5 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 egg whites
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 ripe mashed bananas
- 1 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees, and spray bottom of a 9 inch round pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Beat butter in a large bowl with an electric mixer until light and fluffy.
- Add granulated Sugar and brown sugar; Beat until well blended.
- Add egg, egg whites and vanilla; blend.
- Mix in the mashed bananas, and beat the mixture on high speed for 30 seconds.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking soda, salt and baking powder.
- Add flour mixture to butter mixture alternately with the cream, ending with the flour mixture.
- Mix in the walnuts.
- Pour batter evenly into prepared 9 inch round pan (or loaf pan).
- Bake until golden brown, and toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean (About one hour).
Oh my gosh! Used this recipe for years after searching for THE best and this was it! Lost the recipe card and came across the recipe! Thank you for posting! P.S. found recipe card 3 days later!!
I've been using this recipe going on 5 years. This is the only banana nut bread recipe I'll use. I follow the recipe exactly as it reads. My husband's family and my side of the family will always ask me to make the bread each Thanksgiving and Christmas. Again, THIS IS THE ONLY BANANA NUT BREAD RECIPE I WILL EVER USE!!! THIS IS PERFECTION!!!
I liked this so much and today is already the second time I am making this!!! To make things look a bit nicer, I add almond slice at the top as well, pretty and yumm!!!