- 5 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 egg whites
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 cups mashed very ripe bananas
- 1 3⁄4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄3 cup chopped walnuts
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven 350. Grease bottom only of 9x5x3 inch loaf pan.
- Beat butter in large bowl with a mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy. Add brown and granulated sugar beat well. Add egg, egg whites and vanilla; beat until well blended. Add mashed bananas, and beat on high speed.
- combine flour, baking soda and powder,and salt in a medium bowl. Add flour mixture to butter mixture. Alternately with heavy cream and flour mixture ending with flour.
- Add walnuts to batter mix well.
- Pour batter into loaf pan (evenly) Bake until brown and toothpick comes out clean.
- Cook time is about 1 hour 10 minutes.
- Cool in pan for about 10 minutes then remove from pan and cool completely on wire rack.