Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
This recipe is the closest I came to my Grandmother's old fasion Banana Bread. It takes me back to my childhood.
- 5 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 egg whites
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄2 ripe bananas (mashed)
- 1 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄3 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350. Spray bottom only of 9 x 5 x 3-inch loaf pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Beat butter in large bowl with electric mixer set at medium speed until light and fluffy.
- Add granulated sugar and brown sugar, beat well.
- Add egg, egg whites and vanilla,beat well until blended.
- Add mashed banana, and beat on high speed 30 seconds.
- Combine flour, baking soda, salt and baking powder in medium bowl.
- Add flour mixture to butter mixture alternately with cream, ending with flour mixture.
- Add walnuts to batter, mix well.
- Pour batter evenly into prepared loaf pan.
- Bake until browned and toothpick inserted near center comes out clean, about 1 hour and 15 minutes.
- Cool bread in pan on wire rack 10 minutes.
- Remove bread from pan; cool completely on wire rack.
- Slice and serve with butter or jam.
this is the exact recipe i use, and everyone loves it. i even have people who buy me the ingred. so i can make it for them.