Prep 10 mins
Cook 3 hrs
I just received my January/February 2009 Weight Watchers Magazine. Every magazine has a recipe makeover and this is the one featured this time. The cooking time listed is for the refrigeration time.
- 1⁄4 cup light butter, the stick kind
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄3 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1 egg
- 1 cup low fat graham cracker crumbs
- 3⁄4 cup rolled oats
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened dried shredded coconut
- 1⁄4 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 4 teaspoons light butter, the stick kind
- 1 tablespoon nonfat milk
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 ounces bittersweet chocolate
- 2 teaspoons light butter, the stick kind
- Line a 9-inch square baking pan with plastic wrap.
- Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Add sugar, cocoa and egg. Cook 1 minute. Stir in graham cracker crumbs, rolled oats, coconut, walnuts and vanilla.
- Pat the mixture into the bottom of the pan. Freeze until firm, 30 minutes.
- With an electric mixer, beat butter and milk. Beat in the confectioners' sugar and vanilla. Spread over the crust and chill 15 minutes.
- Microwave chocolate and remaining butter 10 seconds; stir. Spread over the filling; chill 2 hours.
- Cut into bars.