Prep 25 mins
Cook 0 mins
My best friend is Canadian and her mum always makes these. I had to get the recipe of her because it was just to good to be true.
- 185 g butter, chopped
- 100 g dark chocolate, chopped
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 cups wheatmeal plain sweet biscuit crumbs
- 1 cup coconut
- 2⁄3 cup finely chopped pecan nuts
- 60 g butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 2 cups icing sugar
- 2 tablespoons custard powder
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 30 g dark chocolate, chopped
- 15 g butter
- Grease a 19cm x 29cm Lamington pan.
- Melt butter and chocolate over hot water.
- Remove from heat and cool 5 minutes.
- Stir in egg.
- Combine biscuits, coconut and pecans in a bowl.
- Stir in butter mixture.
- Press mixture firmly over base of prepared pan.
- Cream butter and essence in small bowl with electric mixer.
- Gradually beat in sifted icing sugar, custard powder and then milk.
- Spread filling evenly over base.
- Refrigerate until firm.
- Melt chocolate and butter over hot water.
- Cool slightly.
- Drizzle the topping over slice.
- Refrigerate until set before cutting.