Perfect Pixie's Note:
My best friend is Canadian and her mum always makes these. I had to get the recipe of her because it was just to good to be true.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 185 g butter, chopped
- 100 g dark chocolate, chopped
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 cups wheatmeal plain sweet biscuit crumbs
- 1 cup coconut
- 2/3 cup finely chopped pecan nuts
- 1Grease a 19cm x 29cm Lamington pan.
- 2Melt butter and chocolate over hot water.
- 3Remove from heat and cool 5 minutes.
- 4Stir in egg.
- 5Combine biscuits, coconut and pecans in a bowl.
- 6Stir in butter mixture.
- 7Press mixture firmly over base of prepared pan.
- 9Cream butter and essence in small bowl with electric mixer.
- 10Gradually beat in sifted icing sugar, custard powder and then milk.
- 11Spread filling evenly over base.
- 12Refrigerate until firm.
- 14Melt chocolate and butter over hot water.
- 15Cool slightly.
- 16Drizzle the topping over slice.
- 17Refrigerate until set before cutting.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Nanaimo Bars
Serving Size: 1 (37 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 20
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 236.5
- Calories from Fat 181
- Total Fat 20.1 g
- Saturated Fat 11.8 g
- Cholesterol 38.7 mg
- Sodium 82.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 12.3 g
- Protein 2.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
plain sweet biscuit crumbs