Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
They are No-Bake Namaimo Bars and they taste different but great!
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 5 tablespoons cocoa
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 cups graham wafer crumbs
- 1 cup desiccated coconut
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 2 cups sifted icing sugar (or powered sugar)
- 4 semi-sweet chocolate baking squares
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Bottom Layer:In a saucepan, combine butter,sugar,cocoa,egg,and vanilla.Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly until smooth and slightly thickened. Stir in the graham wafer crumbs,cocnut,and walnuts. Press into a 9-inch square cake pan.
- Middle Layer:Cream butter. Gradually beat in the icing sugar (or powered sugar), alternating with milk. Spread over crumb mixture and chill for 15 minutes.
- Top Layer:Melt together chocolate and butter. Spread on top and chill. When set, cut into squares. Makes 20. Freeze well for storage.