Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
Named after the city of Nanaimo in British Columbia. Cooking time is time to chill. Posted for ZWT II '06
- 56.69 g semisweet chocolate (1 oz squares)
- 473.18 ml graham cracker crumbs
- 236.59 ml shredded coconut
- 118.29 ml butter, softened
- 118.29 ml walnuts, chopped
- 29.58 ml sugar
- 4.92 ml vanilla
- 1 egg
- 59.14 ml butter, softened
- 44.37 ml milk
- 29.58 ml instant vanilla pudding
- 473.18 ml confectioners' sugar
- 113.39 g semisweet chocolate
- 14.79 ml butter
- Combine ingredients. Press into 9 inch square cake pan. Chill.
- Combine butter, milk, and custard powder. Blend in confectioner's sugar. Spread over base. Chill at least 15 minutes.
- Partially melt chocolate and butter. Remove from heat and stir until melted. Spread over custard layer. Chill.
- Store in refrigerator, covered, up to 1 month. Makes 24 bars.
- Serve chilled. They're rich, so small portions may be appropriate.
- Variation: Add peppermint extract and green food coloring to the middle layer.
Very concerned about the raw eggs....Patti
I am from Nanaimo. These might be good, but not a true Nanaimo Bar. Sorry.
ive never had these before they are good .dee