Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This was a childhood favorite that my mother used to make. We would eat it in a bowl with milk and sugar.
- 1 1⁄2 cups Splenda sugar substitute
- 1 cup skim milk
- 1⁄2 cup Crisco (sub with mashed bananas)
- 2 egg whites
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 cup blueberries, can use any fruit
- Preheat oven 325°F
- Mix all ingredients together except for the berries.
- Fold Berries into the mixture.
- Bake for 30 minute. (Insert toothpick, it should come out clean)
- Best served when topped with milk and sugar.