Recipe by laustin
Made for years by my husbands Nana. Loved by everyone and requested for all family meals.Easy but great.
- 30 arrowroot cookies
- 1 cup walnuts or 1 cup pecans
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 8 tablespoons white sugar
- 4 tablespoons cocoa
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 2 eggs
- tinted icing
- chocolate sprinkles or rainbow candy sprinkles
Directions See How It's Made
- Put cookies in food processer and blend till no lumps. Blend nuts. Set aside.
- Mix Sugar, Butter and cocoa in top of double boiler. Put over simmering water and stir till thickens.
- Remove from heat and add crushed arrowroots, nut and vanilla. Stir till mixed. Pat intto 8x8 pan and refrigerate.
- When firm ice with thin layer of homemade or store bought icing. Decorate with sprinkles and cut into small squares.